n Restrained Spring Mounting has been designed specifically for applications where transmission of low frequency machinery vibration to a building structure must be reduced to avoid physical damage or annoyance to the occupants. Vertical and lateral restraint is provided to control movement of the mounted equipment when subjected to external forces. This could otherwise be excessive due to the low stiffness springs required to provide isolation of low frequency vibration.
Equipment located at roof level can be successfully mounted on the ORS units as any movement caused by high wind loads will be limited. Cooling Towers and chillers which contain large volumes of liquid will benefit from installation on ORS mountings because during “draining down” upward movement is restricted thus avoiding damage to pipe work and electrical connections.
- High strength all steel construction.
- Colour coded helical steel springs with nominal deflections of 25mm and 50mmand up to 50% overload capacity.
- Vertical and lateral restraints have rubber inserts to avoid any metallic contact and adequate radial clearance ensures isolation efficiency is not impaired.
- Spring located using rubber sleeved pegs and seated on a rubber washer to reduce high frequency transmission.
- Working height and vertical limiting stops are fully adjustable.
- 6 mm thick cross ribbed rubber seating pad supplied as standard.